17 de marzo de 2011

Mixed rephrasing

1. They will not improve if you don't tell them to work harder.
1.− Unless ...
2. Mary hasn't done the work I asked her to do.
2.− The work ...
3. I regret that I didn't stay longer in London.
3.− I wish ...
4. First Sam read information about the country he wanted to visit. Then he booked his
flight.
4.− After ...
5. The builder insisted that he had completed the renovations the day before.
5.− The renovations...
6. Drinking alcohol while you drive is prohibited by law.
6.− (modal) You ...
7. Perhaps I will go to the cinema.
7.− (modal) I ...
8. It´s a pity we didn't spend our last holiday in the country.
8.− (modal) We
9. I haven't got enough time to see you today.
9.− (busy)
10. I haven't got the time. I haven't got the patience to speak to her today. I am too busy.
10.− (neither nor)
11."Answer the question, the judge ordered the witness.
11.− The judge ...
12. Let's postpone the trip to next week, Mike said.
12.− Mike ...
13. Her employer pays her the minimum wage.
13.−
14. People believe that apples are good for health.
14.− Apples
15. I started studying at 5 o'clock. It is now 7 o'clock and I am still studying.
15.− (for)
16. I am sure I told you the news.
16.− (modal )
17. I was given a brochure about Africa by the travel agent.
17.- The travel agent
18. My sister didn't complete the computer training course so she couldn't find a job.
18.− If
19. Anna might travel to Hungary. She would enjoy the trip.
19.− If
20. You are always bothering me. I am trying to study.
20.− I wish
21. Although he lacks training, he is a very talented musician.
21.− Despite
22. Our car is not working very well. We had just finished paying for it.
22.− (relative)
23. The town is small and quiet. My grandmother was born there.
23.− (relative)
24. The party will be in my flat. It isn't very big.
24.− (relative)
25. We arrived late at he wedding. The ceremony began before we arrived.
25.− By the time ...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.