6 de abril de 2011

Connectors

above all     from my point of view     such as
because of this     furthermore     then
firstly     instead     whereas


Use the connectors once only to fill the gaps.

1     _________________, I'd like to say that I agree and, secondly, explain why.
2     Camels live in the desert, _________________ dolphins live in the sea.
3     In the end, we didn't go to the cinema. We went to the theatre _________________.
4     I think, _________________ I am.*
5     Spain produces oranges, _________________ in Valencia.
6     ________________________, the continued use of fossil fuels is now the biggest threat to humanity.
7     I don't like strawberry ice cream. _________________, I love chocolate flavour.
8     The government is having problems with illegal immigration. _________________, their economic policies are failing.
9     The weather was bad. _________________, the fishermen still went to sea.
10     It started raining. _________________, we decided not to go.*
11     Firstly, we have to think about our budget and _________________ about how much time we have.
12     I love those soft French cheeses,  _________________ Camembert.
    *4 and 10 appear to have the same answer. However, 4 is a famous quote, so really you don't have a choice after all.


1     Firstly, I'd like to say that I agree and, secondly, explain why.
2     Camels live in the desert, whereas dolphins live in the sea.
3     In the end, we didn't go to the cinema. We went to the theatre instead.
4     I think, therefore I am.*
5     Spain produces oranges, above all in Valencia.
6     From my point of view, the continued use of fossil fuels is now the biggest threat to humanity.
7     I don't like strawberry ice cream. However, I love chocolate flavour.
8     The government is having problems with illegal immigration. Furthermore, their economic policies are failing.
9     The weather was bad. Even so, the fishermen still went to sea.
10     It started raining. Because of this, we decided not to go.*
11     Firstly, we have to think about our budget and then about how much time we have.
12     I love those soft French cheeses,  such as Camembert.
    *4 and 10 appear to have the same answer. However, 4 is a famous quote, so really you don't have a choice after all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.