22 de agosto de 2011

Simple past

Write the sentences from Present Simple in Past Simple:
1) My cousin lives in a very small flat.
(last year) ________________________
2) I get up at 8 o'clock every morning.
(yesterday) _______________________
3) Mary often tells a lie.
(in childhood) _____________________
4) We usually go to the park on Sundays in summer.
(last summer) _____________________
________________________________
5) I go to Europe every spring.
(last spring) ______________________
6) Peter rides the bicycle to the post.
(2 days ago) ______________________

Write the past form for the verbs:
1) Our children (to play) ______________ football last year.
2) I (not to cook ) __________________ my breakfast yesterday.
3) It (to be) ________ dark, so I (to turn on) ______________ the lights.
4) We (to dance) ____________ a lot at the party last Friday.
5) I (to see) Nick, but I (not to see) _____
___________ Jessica.
6) They (to go) __________ to the cinema, but they (not to like) _________________ the film.
7) I (to work) _______ with Al at the post.

Choose the correct variant:
1) Mother did/does/is doing most part of Christmas preparations yesterday.
2) Long ago, they build/built/were building most houses out of wood.
3) My grandfather did/was doing/had done a lot in his short life.
4) The first modern Olympic Games were taking /took /taked place in Athens more than a hundred years ago.
5) My aunt and cousins had arrived/have arrived/ arrived last night.
6) Mary shut/was shutting/shuts the shop at 6 o’clock yesterday.
7) The police catched/was catching/ caught the thief.
8) Mother sent/was sending/sended dirty shirts to the laundry.
9) The boys runned/ran/had runned home to watch the evening TV show.
10) Chopin composed/was composing/composes some of his music in Majorca.
11) Mother goed/was going/went out shopping ten minutes ago.
12) I was phoning/phoned/had phoned you twice yesterday and got/getted/was getting no answer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.