22 de agosto de 2011

Tense revision

Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.

a) She _____________ (go) to the office every day.
b) We _____________(go) to the cinema last night.
c) He _____________(swim) three miles every day.
d) I _____________ (know) the family for a very long time.
e) Where _____________(you / go) for a holiday last year?
f) Are you hungry? _____________(I/make) some sandwiches for you.
g) What a lovely day! The sun_____________ (shine) and the sky _____________ (be) blue.
h) By the end of the next year they _____________ (finish) their homework on the new stadium.
i) _____________ (you/meet) him last Sunday?
j) If she comes , he _____________ (get) a surprise.
k) Mr. Smith _____________ (sell) his house because it is very old.
l) Let´s go away! We _____________(be) here for more than half an hour.
m) If you could help me, I _____________ (be) grateful.
n) By the time he was twenty, he _____________(already/ buy) his own house.
o) She is very tired because she _____________(not/ sleep) for two days…
p) _____________ (you/let) me use your phone, please?
q) Perhaps the concert _____________(begin) at any moment.
r) We arrived later so the bus _____________ (already/go)
s) Your letter came while I _____________ (have) lunch.
t) She said that she _____________ (come) To England next week.
u) If he doesn´t come, I _____________(never /speak) to him again.
v) I _____________(not/ leave) the station until the train had gone.
w) We _____________ (not/ live) in England for the last two years.
x) I will never forget what you _____________(tell) me.


key:
a) She goes…
b) We went…
c) He swims…
d) I have known…
e) Where did you go…
f) I am going to make…
g) the sun is shining / is…
h) …they will finish…
i) did you meet…?
j) …he will get…
k) is going to sell…
l) we have been here…
m) I would be…
n) …he had already bought …
o) … she hasn´t slept
p) Would (will) you tell me…?
q) …will begin …
r) had already gone…
s) I was having …
t) …she would come…
u) I will never speak…
v) didn´t leave…
w) we have not lived…
x) …you have told me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.